FAMILY and CONSUMER SCIENCES EDUCATION
Family and Consumer Sciences Philosophy
Vision and Mission:
The vision of family and consumer sciences education is to empower individuals and families across the life span to manage the challenges of living and working in a diverse, global society. Our unique focus is on families, work and their interrelationships.
The mission is to prepare students for family life, work life, and careers in family and consumer sciences by providing opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes and behaviors needed for:
- Strengthening the well-being of individuals and families across the life span
- Becoming responsible citizens and leaders in family, community, and work settings
- Promoting optimal nutrition and wellness across the life span
- Managing resources to meet the material needs of individuals and families
- Balancing personal, home, family, and work lives
- Using critical and creative thinking skills to address problems in diverse family, community, and work environments
- Successful life management, employment, and career development
- Functioning as providers and consumers of goods and services
- Appreciating human worth and accepting responsibility for one's actions and success in family and work life.
Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America
American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
Copyright © 2007 Tarlisa Shaw.